Monday, November 17, 2008

people respect your convictions....


just a simple observation today....

back to government class again, lol. seems this class has at the very least evoked a lot of thought process with me...

today we were assigned two group projects. the first was to read a newspaper article on a bill passing some time back. then read several articles to be labeled with our notes from the past week. the problem was the first assignment...

this was an article on "partial-birth" abortion and NOT one i would normally care to read. i know, i know...you can't just pretend things don't exist and hide your head, but i tend to get very emotional and sad when i'm innendated with too much yuk! part way through the article i got nauseous reading the details of the "how." so i made the decision to opt out of the assignment and loose a few points. i did do the second one in case you're wondering.

to my surprise, everyone, including the teacher himself, was not only respectful, but kind and respectful. goes to show, you can still stand up for what you believe in and have those that might disagree still RESPECT you for doing it. amen!

4 comments:

Tabitha Blue said...

Hey, good for you for making a tough choice, even when you thought it may end badly. That would be a hard thing for me to read as well.. the 'how'. So sad. Have a great day!!

brionyskerjance said...

We had a similar assignment in one of my classes at Liberty...I already knew the "how" but there were some people in the class that didn't and although it was hard to read, I was glad that they were challenged to understand what it was that they were either supporting (and there were some) or standing against. So many people out there have no idea what it is that they support...just the other day I was in a conversation with some of my brothers friends about it and I went in to detail just to get the point across. They all looked at me like I was making up stories...that there was no way it could be real...and I just asked them if you didn't know what it was why would you support it? They couldn't answer.

brionyskerjance said...

it was a great great great show. i had a blast and the fox is absolutely beautiful...i definitely want to go back for another show. thanks for the sweet comments!

Tabitha Blue said...

I swoon often over my husband. :) I'm excited that he's coming... and soon too!! :D